I have a favor to ask each and every one of you. My daughter-in-law Ashleigh will be having surgery, a c-section to deliver our second grandchild, Emma. Philip and Ashleigh are already wonderful parents to our fun-loving, climb anything and everything, red-headed granddaughter, Bella.
They are living overseas and the surgery will take place in Hong Kong. In the last few weeks they have experienced many different and scary challenges, including a temporary move due to Ashleigh collapsing at almost 35 weeks due to a racing heart of 220 bpm. Ashleigh has a heart condition called SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) which typically is relatively benign during pregnancy. After a several-days hospital stay along with regularly increased dosages of a beta blocker, her heart rate has stayed elevated around 115-120 at rest. Her OB and cardiologist are both hoping it will decrease and level off to below 100 before surgery.
On Thursday, June 20th, 3:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern time, she will deliver Emma via c-section.
So a few specific requests:
* The beta blocker will work and bring her heart rate down and stabilize it.
* Emma will continue to tolerate the medicine in utero well and it will have no adverse effects on her health.
* Ashleigh will not go into labor before the scheduled c-section. The doctors feel this could be too strenuous on her.
* Prayers for Ashleigh’s mother, Susan, who is in transit right now heading to help out the sweet family in Hong Kong. She arrives late their Wednesday night, our Wednesday morning.
* Strength, health, energy and peace for our son Philip, Ashleigh’s husband and Bella and Emma’s father.
* All the Irwin family’s friends and family (yes, I do include MYSELF in that group), who love them so dearly, that we will have peace and comfort through this time, and we will have the words and actions to know how to support and encourage them from such a far distance.
* Prayers for all involved in the surgery and the care and health of Ashleigh and Emma before, during and after.
* If the delivery of Emma does not eradicate and relieve Ashleigh’s heart issue, the medical professionals in Hong Kong will be able to swiftly and accurately diagnose and effectively treat her problem.
I know that I have laid many requests before you to take to the throne of our Great God, but I do so because I believe His Word.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Thank you in advance for your faithful prayers. And I pray now for all of you shift workers, restless sleepers and Mommas and Daddies up in the night that you will be burdened to pray specifically during her surgery time.
I would love to pray for you and welcome your private requests through my contact email or please feel free to post directly on this blog post so others can pray for you as well.